Lean User Experience Design for Mobile Applications
Today every business to scale is driven by software, particularly mobile software application, be it fast food, travel booking to buying groceries. While the world is competing on the same ideas to capture bigger market share, the differentiation is no more the big idea but its execution. As the cost of developing code has come down drastically and every business has the same tools and resources, it is the user experience that will make or break the business. A great experience can be created only when the entire organization understands the user and works toward creating that great Experience. In this workshop, a user will learn how to develop a mobile application design from idea to the User Interface stage through a mobile ticket booking application example. Learn step by step UX activities involved in designing Mobile application and how business goals, user needs are tied to the features n functionalities to meet the objectives.
In this workshop, a user will learn how to develop a mobile application design from idea to the User Interface stage through a mobile ticket booking application example.
Learn step by step User Experience activities involved in designing Mobile application and how business goals, user needs are tied to the features n functionalities to meet the objectives.
User Experience Research:
• Requirement Study
• Competitor Study
• Stakeholder Study
• User Study
• Flow Diagram
• Content Inventory & Audit
• Navigation Design
• Conceptual flow / Sketching
• Wire-frames / Story Boards
• Mock-ups/ prototypes
User Interface Design:
• Mood board
• UI specification
• Usability Audit / Heuristic Evaluation
• Usability Testing
Who should attend:
Nominate your designers, developers, project managers, product managers, co-founders and business executives for workshop to learn Fundamentals of User Experience.
Product manager will learn how the User Experience:
• Ensures product is designed to meet users needs and easy to use
• Advocates user needs and good design
• Act as a member of product design (along with marketing, sales, development etc)
User Interface designer can learn:
• How User Interface Design is part of the User Experience Design
• To ensure UI design incorporates all the inputs from other User Experience activities
• To contribute and participate in other User Experience activities
• Can understand the UX activities, estimation and how it fits in overall project
• Gain knowledge on UX deliverable and how to use them during development
• Learn to combine UX activities and software Development activities during project plan
• Understand the User Interface specifications, Interaction design specifications
• Can learn design and development considerations to be made for Responsive web and mobile
• Learn applying usability principles during development
Start-ups & Entrepreneurs:
• How to evaluate ease of use of the product/services
• How to arrive on features to meet users, business objectives
• Learn about UX opportunities in India and abroad
• Understand various streams of UX to choose
• How graduates from design, engineer and business can pursue UX as career
What do users need to bring?
We will be providing wi-fi service at the workshop, but we would always encourage participants to bring their laptops and data cards. The workshop session will be interactive and engaging so, make sure that you have notepad and a pen to take insights.
What will users take back or learn?
In this workshop, you will learn, how to design a mobile application from scratch in a lean way.
Participant experience from recent UXD workshop:
“Nandhakumar Vasanthasekar is an UX Design Super Star. I enjoyed learning UX Design under him. I see a formidable partnership with him and BrandStory for its future assignments. I highly recommend his training programme to fellow UXD enthusiasts and Im including the same with UX designer induction programme in our organisation.”
Bala Kumaran, CEO & Founder – BrandStory
“I was part of Nandakumar’s workshop where he taught us how to redesign IRCTC website to meet a consumer needs.
He was highly professional and meticulously precise throughout the session.
His ability to view a product from different angles and perspectives towards accomplishing a clear cut goal is an art in itself and quite commendable. NandhaKumar’s work and sessions are systematic, concise and well recommended.”
Prahalad Belavadi , Freelance Content writer – Belavadi.com
Nandakumar is a consultant who provides expertise information and experience design strategy, digital service design, digital product design, and usability evaluation. He has 25+ years of expertise in user experience (UX) in global management and marketing communication solutions across a wide range of industries including banking, insurance, mortgage, high-tech (PASS, SASS applications), and telecommunications. He has lead and worked in projects across the US and India. Occasionally he mentors selected startups and Next Space Workspace